If you’re anything like most people, your iPhone is your go-to device for keeping on top of your day-to-day tasks. But sometimes, life gets in the way, and you struggle to get things done.
Do you ever reach for your iPhone to do something, only to realize you don’t have the right app or can’t find what you’re looking for? Here are 8 iPhone tricks to make life easier.
1. Use the search bar – If you know what you’re looking for, try using the search bar on your iPhone. You can type in a word or phrase, and it will display all of the results that match.
2. Store frequently used apps in folders – If there are certain apps you often use, try storing them in folders so they’re easier to access. This way, all you need to do is open the folder, and you’ll be able to launch the app immediately.
3. Create custom shortcuts – If there’s an app you use often, why not create a custom shortcut, so it’s easy to access? And if you’re a power user, make sure to create a shortcut for each one of those apps.
4. Use the search function – If a particular app doesn’t appear in your launcher, you can always try searching for it with the search function.
5. Search your content – If you want to find specific files and folders on your system, go to the file manager. You can access This by pressing the menu button of your favorite launcher or opening the application drawer.
6. Get a new file manager – If you are looking for a new file manager, try Nautilus, as it is lightweight and easy to navigate.
7. Use a new launcher – If you are looking for an alternative to the default launcher, consider using Nemo (for Gnome) or Nautilus (for Unity).
8. Remove unused applications – If you don’t use an application, it is a waste of resources. You can remove the window for an application by selecting it and pressing “Close Window” from the Xfce menu.
Organize your home screen for easy access to your favorite apps
How do you keep your favorite apps easily accessible on your home screen? One way to do this is to organize your home screen according to app type. For example, you could put all of your social networking apps on one side, all of your messaging apps on another, etc. This way, you’ll have quick and easy access to the apps you use most often.
Use the Control Center to quickly access settings and features
You can quickly access settings and features to customize your iPad experience with the Control Center. The Control Center is divided into three sections: the upper-left corner includes options for General, Accessibility, and Sound; in the middle is a toolbar with options for Photos, Videos, Music, Books, and App Store; and in the bottom-right corner are buttons for Settings and Keyboard.
Use the keyboard shortcuts to save time while typing
Typing can be time-consuming, especially if you have to type the same thing multiple times. Fortunately, there are keyboard shortcuts that can help you save time. Here are four of the most useful keyboard shortcuts:
Shift+Delete: This shortcut deletes the last character you typed.
Ctrl+S: This shortcut saves your current document.
Ctrl+F4: This shortcut closes your current document.
Use the split-screen feature to work on two tasks at once
Do you like to multi-task? If so, then you’ll love the split-screen feature in Microsoft Word. With this feature, you can work on two tasks simultaneously by splitting the screen in half. Just click on the split-screen button and drag it to the part of the document where you want to work. Then, start working on your first task and watch as your second task seamlessly disappears into the background. You can even continue working on both tasks simultaneously if you need to!
Take advantage of the larger screen on the iPhone X and iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X and iPhone 8 Plus have more giant screens than any other iPhones. This gives you more space to work on your texts, emails, or documents. You can also watch videos or play games in their full glory. If you’re an avid photo or video taker, the extra screen space will be great for editing pictures and videos.
Customize your phone to match your needs
Do you want a phone that looks like your favorite celebrity or one with a unique design? If so, there are plenty of customization options available on Android phones. You can change the wallpaper, customize the icons and make your phone look whatever you want. Additionally, many carriers offer special deals on customized phones. So if you’re in the market for a new phone, don’t be afraid to take advantage of all the customization options!